Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Twenty-Three Seconds To Total Nuclear Apocalypse 2/6/17

Someone should really get on that before we all die.

Hello all of you peoples!!! Sorry the reception is so bad, but I'm currently relaying this message to you from my bunker in deep Siberia, and the zombies keep chewing my radio tower. It's a real bummer.

A far as life outside the concrete goes, glowing and radioactive as it is, I'm doing really well! In fact, I'm doing SO well that I'm having a hard time remembering what I was even going to talk about! A bit of a problem when the gas-powered generator won't stay fueled forever.

Oh! I can tell you guys about how Elder Gibbons and I are handling the new schedule!

Question: How are Elder Gibbons and I handling the new schedule?

Answer: We are not.

In other words it's been SUPER WEIRD to adjust, and it's made this week seem excruciatingly long :) But we made it! and are still unzombie bitten! (Mostly.) It's just been weird that we don't plan at night and shtuffs like that. Makes me feel like I'm a greenie again, fresh out of the MTC!

I really wish that all of you were out here so I could just have you meet all of the amazing people that I've been able to meet :) I love California for a number of reasons, and the people are number one. 

Oh yeah! People story! I have one!!! Hey, wait, what's that noise...?

*Assorted screaming noises and the moans of the undead* ZAMBIES! YOU ALL BETTER STAY AWAY, CAUSE I'VE GOT TWO CAN OPENERS AND A LEAD PIPE, AND IF YOU'VE EVER PLAYED CLUE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

*Moans fade into distance*

Can openers. Works every time.

Anywho! So a former member/current investigator named Sister Bennitt just underwent a nig surgery a few days ago for her shoulder, which, due to really bad family situations and alcohol, she had to drive an hour home from. Needless to say, she was wiped! So she asked Elder Gibbons and I to pick up some Subway for her because she was home alone and couldn't get up from the couch. So, being good missionaries, we said "Sure!"

We'd just come from a service project we do every week called Squash for Friends where afterwards they always feed us some veryyy.... Questionable homemade soup. This particular time it really rubbed Elder Gibbons the wrong way, especially in the digestive area of things. SO here we are, picking up Subway and driving to Sister Bennetts house, when Elder Gibbons relates to me that he is going to need to take a quite urgent bathroom break.

Long story short, he DESTROYED Sister Bennetts bathroom while I sat and talked with her for a really, really long time :D (It was some bad soup, that's for sure.) 

It was fun for me, though!

Anyways, I've gotta get back to surviving in post-apocalyptic conditions and also teaching and doing things of that nature! I love you all! I'd even lend any of you a can opener if you needed it!

See you all next time, if I don't kill everyone in my group by hiding my zombie bite from them until it's too late!
Love you!
Elder Brooksby the III 

No comments:

Post a Comment