Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Twenty-Seven Hours Of Service 3/32/17

It's honestly ridiculous how much service we do up here. Missionary? Pshtt, please honey, its pronounced gardener.

Hello everyone! I hope you are not as weed covered as everything out here is! Because I couldn't do anymore service for you if you were anyways!

This last week was pretty crazy busy, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't email last week. Anyone with sensitive ears, please cover them.

I'M SO SORRRYYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYYYYYRYRYRYR ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!

I didn't even send an intermission email! Those are like, two sentences long!!!

But now I am back! And I have a new story to tell all of you!

So you know Kristen, the investigator I always talk about but never really talked about? Well, she exists. And because she exists, she's going through some really rough stuff financially and emotionally lately. I can't talk too much about it, but it involved a fight, and I was very worried for a long while that she'd fall away from the church and stop meeting with us.

HOWEVER! I was talking to Sister Bennitt (Another investigator) who happens to text Kristen alot, (nonmembers fellowshipping nonmembers. It's pretty dang awesome.) and she said that Kristen had texted her and told he that she wasn't going to let this get in the way of her progress with finding out the truth. I was so happy!!!

Even though she's not a member yet, Kristen is so strong. She's come leaps and bounds from where she was, and it's all thanks to God :D She's a really good example to me too, because sometimes I tend to wallow in self-pity and give up too easily, but she's in a much worse situation than I am and she keeps pushing! It's amazing the things you learn when you're willing to :)

Anyways folks, I've gotta get back. There's a hula hoe calling my name in some weed-infested yard somewhere! But don't give up, no matter what! That's what I learned from this week, and I hope you guys have learned a lot too :D

Love you all! Don't cross the Canadian border if you've got more than one pair of trousers on!
See you next time!
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment