Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Twenty-Four Emotional Breakdowns 2/13/17

Most of them mine, but some that belonged to others!

Howdy, folks! Welcome to the wettest watering hole this side of the Mississippi! (Because of all of the tears, but a little rain as well)

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I'll tell the most important story for all of yall!

So for the past while Elder Gibbons has been strugging with some stuff that's been really heavy. I've been doing my best to help in any way I can, but it's pretty much out of my pay grade... So I was praying. I was praying so hard that I'm pretty sure I pulled a praying muscle.

Anyways, so that leaves us on Sunday night bone tired and a little bit discouraged. Elder Gibbons was sad, I was sad because he was sad, and we weren't very confident in what was going to happen that night. We started on our way to visit a less-active lady who we'd been visiting on and off in the past, expecting nothing more than to share a random scripture and leave back to our slump.

However, when we got there we found that she was in a real crisis of faith of her own! She'd been to church that day but was really struggling to feel refreshed and edified by going. She was trying to find the feeling she'd felt after she'd been baptized 3 years ago, but couldn't seem to feel it again. It was a really scary situation, and if we said or did the wrong thing than things could have very easily gone downhill FAST.

I didn't know what to do and Elder Gibbons was in the same boat, so I just started talking. I shared Helaman 12:5 and talked a little bit about building our foundations on Christ, then addressed a few of her concerns. All in all I felt as if nothing I said was making much of a difference, and that I'd basically just turned the whole thing into a huge mess...

But, just in that moment of great alarm, Elder Gibbons started to testify. He told her that sometimes we don't quite know where to go or what to do, but that we always need to remember those little bits of spiritual knowledge that we've been given by God, and that He's the only one who can answer all of our questions. It was pretty much the best thing I've ever heard in my life, and by the end both he and the sister were in tears. As we left she mentioned that she felt at peace, and that she felt much more calm.

Back inside the car I told Elder Gibbons how amazing it had been, and he told me that as the sister had been having a crisis of faith, he had as well, of a sort. The power and majesty of the Spirit had helped him rekindle his fire and have faith again in missionary work, and the fruits that come from it. The whole night had been an answer to my prayers for him, and we went to sleep for the first time in a while entirely happy :)

All in all, it was a good week.

I love you all, and I hope that you can all find whatever you need to find to move your faith!
Love,
Elder Brooksby the III

P.S: Tyson and Zoo are gonna be parents, and I'm pretty jazzed about that. Just thought you should all know!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment