Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Twelve Is The End Of The Training! 10/31/16

Somewhere along the line, all of the Halloween stuff became Christmas stuff. It happens earlier and earlier every year. 

Hello, bats and witches! And superheros and whatever else you all happen to be going as today! I'm celebrating Halloween by being a missionary!

It's as exciting as it sounds.

Okay, so two BIG stories to share this week, one of which I am absolutely THRILLED about!

The first is the ward Halloween party we had! It wasn't a trunk or treat, because apparently that isn't really safe in Cali, so we had a Fall Festival/Chili Cookoff. As the missionaries, we got to judge the chili! It was all way yummy and none was too spicy, so that was awesome :D There was a big group of non-members there as well! There were also a ton of little kids in cool costumes, and all of the members were there and having a great time, and it was weird to be at a party as a missionary because I had NO IDEA what I was actually allowed to do! So I dragged Elder Croft around and played a ton of party games and won a lot of candy :) Twas the best time I've had on my mission!

The second story really has a lot to do with the first on, and it's really what made my life worthwhile hardcore. So for the past 11 weeks Elder Croft and I have been teaching the Koszyks, a less active family that the bishop home teaches. They'd been visited by missionaries before, but apparently just hadn't really clicked well with any of them and even pushed them away to an extent. BUT! They love us a ton, and we love them right back! Sister Koszyk wants to adopt us both :D

Anyway, so we'd been working with them for a while, and they'd actually started doing little things that really made me happy, like reading the Book of Mormon even though we hadn't committed them to and things like that. So we invited them to the Fall Festival and they said they would come! I couldn't help being worried that Satan would get in the way, though, so I prayed super, super hard for them to be protected.

So the day of the Fall Festival came, and about halfway through dinner they still hadn't shown up. Needless to say I was a little antsy ;D But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw them walk in!!! They talked to a few members and I had to be physically restrained from running at full tilt to them! (Thanks, Elder Croft)

We talked to them for a little while, and then Sister Koszyk said she was going to go talk to the rest of the people, so we said goodbye. And then she added, "See you tomorrow!"

Boys and girls, ghosts and ghouls, that ward party was on Saturday.

They came back to church the next day.

I'll tell you all right now, I have never felt so blessed then I did when they walked back into the chapel for the first time in at least 2 years. I felt true joy right then, and so much gratitude to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful experience.

Some missionaries think that less actives are a waste of time. I know that they are wrong. And I know that I'm doing my part in the Lord's work.

I love you all, thank you for listening to my long stories!!! Don't give up! Please just don't give up!

To all my little siblings, and older ones as well, Safara will be waiting for us in the Celestial Kingdom when we get there, so don't be sad! D&C 77 talks about how animals were saved by Jesus Christ as well, so thank Him in your prayers that we get to see Safara again!!!

I seriously love all of you. Don't ever forget that.
Elder Brooksby the III 


​Fall Festival fun!!! That's all four of the missionaries in Rancho Park at the mo'


​Elder Redhair, with his Halloween costume of actually red hair :D


​Game night selfie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment