Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Twas The Night Of The Seventh Moon... 9/26/16

And an email began. Twas a simple email. Short. Sweet.

UNTIL IT WASN'T.

Hello, munchkins! It's a guy who, as of now, hasn't dissented from the Nephites!

But, dissented from the Nephites or not, the mission was still shook up by that great calamity known as transfers. For those that don't know yet, transfers are when all the missionaries get switched around because the Lord says so!

Elder Croft and I are staying! This is important because I like where I am currently. Actually, not much is changing in my zone. We lost 3 missionaries and got 4 more, because the ZL's need to babysit a wayward missionary. Yay for trios!

But.

On a district level there has been an... Interesting change. We traded a set of elders for another set in Elder Redhair's district, two fellows known hereto and forever as "Firebrand" Honeycutt and his companion, Elder Plautz. Elder Plautz is cool, but Elder Honeycutt is... Whoosh. Lets just say I don't call him firebrand for nothing :) This'll be a fun transfer!

As far as how I'm doing and all that, I'm trying to remember myself. Time kinda blurs together out here and I tend to forget what happened these past weeks :D I know it's been awesome, and the work in our area is picking up slightly, but other than that, I have no idea. Missions cause memory loss, who knew?
 
So Elder Croft recently put a new measurement up on the whiteboard. It reads, "Days since last bush attack". A few days after, he added a subcategory for poles. Suffice to say I am not on good terms with California shrubbery and/or street signs.

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT.

General Conference is coming up. I'M PUMPED!!! I have so many questions/witnesses I need answers to, and I'm really glad that we have the connection to God that we do through our Prophet and his Apostles, not to mention our own prayers. Watch it if you can, read it if you can't!

I'm really grateful for all of the prayers that people offer, ya know? To be able to connect with God on such a personal plain is a really great gift we've been given. The problem is that some people still think the heavens are closed, and that we CAN'T talk to God anymore.

Let me tell y'all. That's just plain bonkers.

God wants to talk to all of His children, ESPECIALLY you! Yeah, you, the person reading this! If you want to, and the floor isn't made of writhing snakes, you should pray right now :)

Mother, I place upon you a charge to be showered with the love and affection you deserve. AS TWAS FORTOLD.

Alright! I have fulfilled my duty to the clan! I can die with honor!

At least till next week ;)
Peace! If we remain strong Germany will not win WWII!
Elder Brooksby the III    

​District photo!!! That's Sister Castelo on the left, followed by Sister Wagstaff, Elder Croft, Elder Kauhi, Elder Me, Elder Hauter, Elder Ugbonna, and Elder Gustaveson.


​Elder Croft has quite a few Magic cards, as it so happens... ;)


​I went to a members little league baseball game! He's number 7, and the dude way in the back with the white shirt and crazy beard is his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment