Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Worlds Twenty-Six Most Deadly Creatures 3/13/17

The first one on the list is change.

First off, hello to all! And might I just add, if you read this email in the voice of some British dude narrating a documentary, it'll be WAY more fun.

*Ahem*

Good afternoon, class! Today we will be studying the wild Elder Brooksby in his natural habitat. Look at him run and jump and do missionary work! What a wonderful specimen of pure, unbridled, somewhat unfocused enthusiasm! But oh no! The wild Elder is being challenged! It's a new companion!!! A wild Elder Plautz is on the scene, and it looks like the wild Brooksby is sad to have lost his old companion, Elder Gibbons!

These are real missionaries, not actors. And this is the story of... THE TRANSFER.

In other, less confusing, words Elder Gibbons got transferred out today to head down the hill to Upland 3rd ward, and I am very sad. Elder Gibbons was honestly the best dude I've ever met out here, and one of the only people who I think I'dve been best friends with back home. Those of you that know me know that that's saying something!

But!

Now he is gone, and my new companion is Elder Plautz, who I first met in Ontario ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. It's gonna be super sweet because he's a nerd too, so things'll be awesome :)

To summarize, what I've learned this past week, I'll sing you all a song.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

I've been pretty hysterical for the past couple days stressing about transfers :) I honestly don't llike change and I never have. It's really the only thing that gets me stressed. Lesson falls through? No problem! Crazy schedule? We'll figure it out! Transfers? Welp, kill me now.

But, throughout it all, I've remained sane through one thing, and that's Jesus Christ. A talk by Jeffery R Holland I listened to a little while ago talked about how during the sacrament we remember Christ, and how through remembering Him we gain the power we need to keep pushing forward. Once I heard that, all I could think was that more than anyone else, Christ knew what it meant to be alone.

My biggest fear of transfers is always that I'll get a companion that makes me feel alone. But by remembering Christ and how terribly alone He must have felt, it made me feel better. I knew that no matter what happened, I wouldn't be left totally alone like He had been. He's watching out for me :D

And that's what I learned!!! It was a doozy of a week, but it was a good one. Change makes us grow, and I'm gonna grow for the better!

Now tally ho, old chaps!!! I'm off to sip a spot of (herbal) tea and nibble a crumpet or two whilst watching a sporting good cricket match! Until our next adventure, keep your pith helmets shiny and dust free!

Love you all a ton!
Don't explore ruins is there are bones outside!!!
Elder Brooksby the III


No comments:

Post a Comment