Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Shifting Sands Of Desert Thirteen 11/7.16

Whoa. I'm like... Still in the valley.

Bienvedidos, soy Elder Brooksby!

First off, how are you all doing tonight? *Muffled whoops and yells* Huh??? I said HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING TONIGHT?!?!?!?! *WAY CRAZY PEOPLE SCREAMING AND FREAKING OUT!!!!*

I've never understood that practice. Why not just say, "Would you all mind yelling really loud?"

I'm scatterbrained today because I'm eating too much sugar! Hence my transfer goal to eat less of it! Which I made... Right before the holiday season. There may be an error in my judgement. Oh well, the Atonement's real!

Transfer news!!! Elder Croft is going to the moon base and I'm teaching to the Aborigines behind the Dollar Tree in Chicago! And by that I mean we're both staying :) Seven missionaries left our zone though, and that's far too many to name, but I will pay tribute to a very special Elder that I grew really close to, Elder Redhair.

Elder Redhair went home today, and I'm gonna miss him because to me, he was a mission role model! He was so knowledgeable, and he was always willing to share that knowledge to help someone in need, like me. I salute his weird noises, his funny jokes, his awesome people skills, and I will honor his memory by making the most out of myself that I can. #EULOGY #IKnowDeadPeopleNow

I honestly have no idea where this next transfer is going to go. So much is changing that I feel pretty freaked out at times. I'm not a trainee anymore, and I'm going to need to pray more than ever to make it through these next few weeks :) But I'm glad for that, because prayer is growing to be so important to me :D And I have you guys, too!

The work is no different than it was when I started my mission, you know? But now I'm different. And so I love the work :) I want to be even more different by the time this is all over, because I owe that to you guys and to God.

And now, a request! Would everyone reading this email kindly send me their favorite quote? It doesn't have to be scriptural, just a quote and why you like it :) I could use some of the cheer that comes from awesome things like that :D

Okay! Once more, safari leader Elder Brooksby steps into his Jeep and rides majestically across the Savannah! Oh dang, is that a lion? OH DANG, IT'S A LION! SAFARI LEADER ELDER BROOKSBY MAKES A SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MAJESTIC RETREAT.

Looking forward to those quotes! I love you all more than the amount of random rumors that start up around transfers!
Don't wear galoshes with socks!
Elder Brooksby the III


No comments:

Post a Comment