Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Eighth Dawn Rises 10/3/16

Hello, hola, hi, salutations, and above all, good afternoon to you all! (It's ALWAYS after noon, you know.)

Boy oh boy. Email time. Now I've gotta remember things again.

Oh yeah! First off, guess who had a surgery!!! If you guessed my companion, you'd be wrong! Because I did. And it wasn't very fun.

I had two ingrown toenails that were both infected, and so I got stabbed a bunch of times and got half my nail cut off. AND! One of the sides of my nail wasn't numbed properly, so I felt one of the stabbings!

I wouldn't recommend it. 3/10, would not see again, special effects were very badly done. DA SCREAMS OF PAIN WERE REAL.

Now that I've driven away anyone who doesn't like mutilation, (Sorry, Mom!) I can talk about my favorite part of the week! CONFERENCE!

Straight off, I just have to ask. Favorite talks, anyone? Mine was President Nelsons by far! It should come as no shock to anyone that I get sad sometimes. If that DOES come as a shock to you, how the heck did you get on my email list, person of mystery??? Anyways, I get sad. But! I learned through that talk that men are that they might have joy, and that means I will ALWAYS have access to joy, no matter what! Same goes for all of us, in fact :D Even you, mystery person. Even you.

Does it seem strange to be emailed by a missionary that actually watched conference the day it happened? Because I feel like it must be. Shoutout to my out of country missionary kinsfolk: Spoiler Alert! But if you read this far it's too late. NOW YOU KNOW THAT PRESIDENT NELSON SPOKE. 

We went over to a members house for the Saturday Morning session and made crepes. Bit of a role reversal :D And Sierra, they weren't as good as yours I'm sad to say... But it still felt a little closer to home anyways :)

Pray for our Prophet, will you? He certainly needs it right now. In fact, all of the General Authorities need our prayers. Can you imagine all the work they do? It must be an insane amount. Bless President Uchdorf's heart :D

Hey! What do you guys want to see more pictures of in my emails? I need motivation ;P And any fun Halloween plans? Besides getting married?

I love every single one of you with as much love as one duckling could love another with! In a universe of cold planets, you dudes are my stars!
Until I get to see your constellations again,
Elder Brooksby the III 


​Thingie I drew because the comp told me to :) I'm rather proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment