Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Eighteen Wise Men Traveled Far... 12/12/16

And so did I!

Howdy, kings and queens of the wisest sort! You know how it says the wise men traveled far? Well, I did. Because Transfers.

As far as the news on the Wise Elder Brooksby's travels, he is now in the desert, in a ward called Mojave River! That's in Hesperia, in case anyone cares :) I've only been here for a couple of hours, but my new wise man companion is Elder Gibbons, and he's a chill dude. Should be fun!

Now that THAT'S out of the way, lets gather ourselves from our caravans and huddle around a fire to discuss the events of our journey to the King of the Jews! I hope you all brought your pots and towels, because you can't be a wise man without them.

The first event on my travels was actually the experience of transfers itself. This is my first time leaving my greenie ward AND my trainer... When I got the call on Friday I was pretty bummed, because I love this ward to infinity and Elder Croft is amazing. That bummed feeling followed me as I wandered around and said my goodbyes for the next two days, and I didn't know how I was going to get rid of it.

BUT THEN.

I remembered that Jesus Christ had needed to say goodbye, too. He said goodbye to His Apostles, the Nephites, and many others I'm sure. But! When He left, He didn't leave without first giving everyone He talked to a charge to live righteously. If I dwell on the fact that goodbyes happen, like the Apostles did as they gazed up into the sky after Jesus rose back to His father, then I won't be able to fulfill what He's asked of me! So I've gotta keep trying and saying goodbye until I don't have to anymore :D

The second event was very very cool, and it happened at a ward party after I'd gotten the call that I was leaving. I'd volunteered to sing a Christmas song for the program, but I hadn't really given it a whole lot of thought until a few minutes before I was meant to sing. I Was singing, by my choice, "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" and it was going to be acapella. A few minutes before I got up to sing, I realized that I didn't want to sing for the right reasons, I just wanted to show off... So right before I went up, I said a prayer.

In the prayer I asked that God would accept my song that night as a gift to His son on His birthday. I asked God to carry the message of the song into the hearts of those listening, and above all, I asked Him that he would help me lose myself in love of His son and of everyone I served.

That was the best song I've ever sung, but not because it sounded good. It was because I was giving my best to the Lord.

So I ask all you wise me with me today to please think about a way that you can give your best to the Lord as well, as a Christmas gift to me :) Thank you for all being amazing!

Sorry this email isn't as ridiculous as the usual, but I'M TIRED, OKAY?!?! Goodness gracious, carrying all this gold is HARD, don'tcha know?

Okay, I love you all! Wear those wise men outfits all day! They look snazzy!!!
I'll probably be cooler next week, I promise!
LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSS!!!!
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment