Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Rolling Seas! Chapter Fourteen! 11/14/16

Ahoy, me hearties! Climb aboard a ship that's bound for info about Captain Brooksby's week! Or don't! Agency is God's gift to man, ye landlubbers!

I bet you're wondering what's in the box underneath my bed. And if you weren't, I bet you are now.

WELL I WON'T TELL YOU.

So! Not much happened this week, actually! But that will not make this email any *boringer than they normally are! I will begin by telling you what I forgot to tell you last week, and that is that I have a new wardmate! His name is Elder Waters, and he has ACTUALLY red hair. It's a strange turn of events.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm seriously cursed now? I have gotten sick or injured the first week of every transfer since I became a missionary! And yes, I'm still a little sick now, but that's not really a big problem unless I die, in which case it will be a *biggerest one. It's not a bad sickne- Wait. Hold on for a moment, will you?

MAN OVERBOARD!!! *Dinging bell and pounding feet as Captain Brooksby throws a life preserver to a struggling seaman, heroically pulling him from the raging surf and saving his life. The man, who's name is Erma Drownin, adopts Captain Brooksby as a second father and all is well.*

Okay, I'm back! Have I ever told you guys what's on my bucket list? Probably not, as I didn't have one until a few days ago when Elder Croft asked what was on it! But now I have pretty much one thing on there, and that is this:

1. Become a cool dad.

Aaannnnd... SCENE. That's all! I've been thinking about being a father a lot this week, and I'm really glad that I've had such a wonderful example to teach me what to do to wrangle kids :D There are a TON of young families in the ward I'm in, and I JUST WANNA HOLD A CHILD SO BADLY BUT I'LL GET SUED IF I DOOOOOO....... Life is hard.

You know who the best dad ever is, though? Heavenly Father, cause He's perfect! So if I want to be a good dad, or a good person, I just have to do my best to be like Him!

Thank you all for your wonderful quotes!!! I loved hearing what you guys found meaningful, and they were a real booster to me as well! :D

Tyson and Zoo, I love you guys a lot :) Life is probably hectic right now, but I promise it'll get better! Or, at least, you'll get used to chaos.

Stay on the Old Ship Zion, all you crazy people! Being Captain is fun, but I much prefer a Captain that actually knows what's best for all of us. Thanks, Captain God!

I love all of you to infinity and beyond!!!
Remember Erma Drownin! He has small little legs and cannot swim well!
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment