Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

One Out Of Ten Is A Chapter Indeed 10/17/16

Don't ask about the title this week. I have no answers.

Hello to all of my little Poke-Pals! And my Poke-Mom! (That is the funniest thing I've ever said in my life, I'll have you know.)

How are you all doing? Ahh, yes... I don't know because Haley went and got married to a hunk of a guy named Spencer and the emails about the wedding crashed the internet! Seriously, if the NSA WAS watching they probably quit after the first couple lovey-dovey pictures :D

For cereals though, I'm so glad that family is eternal, and that I just got a new brother! In my words to an investigator this week, "It wouldn't be Heaven if I couldn't see my family!" (Sadly, that was on exchange and he was not actually one of my investigators.)

I love exchanges. And by that I mean that I hate them as well. I love them because finding out about other missionaries is cool, but I hate them because I have to either plan or pack, and either way I end up EXHAUSTED :D If Elder Croft is DL next transfer I'm dumping him in a river somewhere.

So I have a bit of sad news. Out of all the time I've been on my mission so far, I've gotten a total of two (2) investigators. Unfortunately, Elder Croft and I have felt that because they aren't progressing, we will need to drop both of them. I'm rather sad about that because I know that this church is true, and those two (2) people did not. But I'm happy that we were able to teach them what we could, and hopefully they will be ready to learn sometime in the future :)

BUT! In happier news, I am so flippen' glad that this gospel is a gospel of families! I just barely found out a little while ago that no other churches believe in families the way we do. That investigator I met on exchanges explained that in the Catholic church, the path to salvation is a very solitary one. When we explained to him that he could do temple work for his mother who had passed away, he said, "It all makes sense!"
That was incredibly cool :)

So I don't know about you, but I really love my family. Sealings are incredible things, because I don't ever have to leave them anymore. And now Haley and Spencer are bound just as tightly :D The Lord doesn't want to let any of us go!!!  

Alright my chillens'! I must once more away into the sunset to save some poor soul! (Once I find one, that is :D) Pray for the people here in Ontario, would you? I see so many that need prayers, and I know that they really do make a difference.

I love you all with a love that fiery darts cannot pierce and whirlwinds can't blow away, because my love is ETERNAL!!! Take that, father of all mopey sad people! 
In another dream I'll find you all!
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment