Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

It's Literally Nineteen Degrees Out Here, Unless You're Near The Car Fire 12/19/16

You know how I told you guys that it never got cold in California and winter was fake?

I lied. The desert has changed me. And by that I mean it's really cold and windy.

Hello to you all, and to anyone new joining us today! It should be a fun one!
I suppose you're all wondering about the last part of the email title. I bet you're thinking, "That sounds dangerous! And thrilling! And full of hilarious comic relief! AND DANGEROUS!!!" and you would be totally right if you are thinking that, but you should probably calm down before you have a seizure.

But.

Because I am an AWFUL person, I'm not going to tell you about it until the very end! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Instead you get to listen to me ramble about the normal (kinda) parts of my week. It may surprise you to learn that the desert is significantly different from the valley. I shall give a comprehensive list!
1. It's a LOT colder. Which is why it's called... The desert...?  ' ___ '
2. Sand.
3. Sand.
4. Lots of cool people to teach! I have actual investigators now!
3. Creepy ghetto houses.
5. LOTS OF RIDICULOUS HILLS THAT ARE NO FUN TO BIKE OVER. (Bet you didn't notice I put 3 twice, didja? ;D )

But Elder Brooksby, you say, you're in a car area! Why must you bike a lot?

Well, that's a great question! And it would be best answered in song form.

~We have no miles for our car~!

And... Scene.

I blessed a house that was supposedly haunted! And we're going back there to teach 4 people that were voleentold to take the lessons! It's fun, and the Priesthood is real, by the way. Other people can feel it :)

Ah, well. I've tortured you guys enough. Ready to talk about a flaming car???

So last Tuesday we were waiting in out apartment for the ZL's to pick us up for a baptismal interview (Elder Gibbons is District Leader) when we got a phone call that the ZL's were stranded because their car had randomly stopped working. So we heroically drove to the rescue and found them standing next to their lightly smoking car in the middle of the night. None of us thought it was that bad, so we all were just talking and laughing while Elder Smith called the vehicle coordinator to tell him.




video
Whilst he was on the phone, we all catch sight of a red glow coming from underneath the car, and a few seconds later there was a "POP" and a bunch of flaming fuel dropped out from underneath the car. Needless to say, we mad a hasty retreat and called the police. Withing a few minutes, however, the car had already gone from tiny fire to Hollywood inferno. I'll let you watch the video and see for yourselves :D 

Elder Gibbons and Elder Smith raced off to the interview, and Elder Memmot and I took care of the rest of everything, then got a ride in the back of a police car to the church. (Yes, I pulled up to the church building in a cop car like a criminal. Sorry Mom!)

The interview went well, though! (By the way, if you skipped all of the rest of the email just to read this story because I told you I wouldn't tell it first, curse you. You've foiled my evil plans once again.)

Alright, this email is super long so I should probably sign off here... Suffice to say that Christmastime is amazing! It's truly wonderful to see everyone get a little bit nicer :D And we can make it last all year, if we try!!!

I love you all! I hope that Christmas is amazing for each and every one of you!
Remember the real reason, and don't go into haunted houses!
Elder Brooksby the III


No comments:

Post a Comment