Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fly Away, Little Seventeen 12/5/16

*Up, up and away! Into the puffy white clouds, where a concourse of angels are patently waiting for their cue to freak out some innocent shepherds and praise the Lord at the same time!*

Hello! We'll be singing in a moment, but we have a little time to talk before then. Fluff our your wings, straighten your halo, and get ready to hear about Elder Brooksby's sojourn in mortality this week! 

So do you guys remember how last week I told you I'd be singing in a supa' cool festival and shtuffs?

WELL. I DID.

And it was awesome. Missionary choirs must get some extra help from our angels, though, because we didn't sound very good in our last practice :D But as is common in singing and plays and anything that has to do with a theater, it all came together in the end and we sounded great!

I was really happy because we got lots of less actives, members, and a random lady who volunteers at a food bank we work at all came to watch! And the Crush Festival was really amazing as well. You can't stand in a place filled with hundreds of nativities and NOT feel the Christmas spirit :)

That wasn't the end of the singing, though! So I didn't realize it at the time, but the double quartet that I was a part of was actually singing at TWO events, the Crush Festival and a memorial for those that were killed in the San Bernadino terrorist attack a year ago. I'll tell you, I've never felt more blessed than to sing "How Great Thou Art" for a group of people who really needed to know how much God loved them. In a strange way, I suppose I'm connected to that attack now, at least in the healing process. I hope that our mortal missionary voices were carried by the Spirit into the hearts of those that needed it :)

Hmm? Oh man! Gabriel's ready! It's time to get a singin'!~ We'll give him a few seconds to calm down the shepherds and then we'll go!

*If you all feel so inclined, you may now join with the angelic choir in singing hymn number 201, "Joy to the World" If you don't feel so inclined, you can stand there and brush your wings and look pretty or something :D*

 *As the heavenly lights fade out and the shepherds leave to seek the baby Jesus, we angels flutter back up to our puffy white clouds, lit by the light of the new star.*

Well that was fun! And you know what else will be fun? TRANSFERS.

Because this last transfer was a five week transfer, the next one will be a seven week transfer. Seven weeks is a LOT longer than five. And, chances are I'm either moving or getting a new compeniaro! Needless to say, I'm shedding angel feathers due to anxiety that I'm REALLY trying hard to fight with faith. It's a difficult battle! But, like always, it's one that I can win as long as I'm paying attention to what God would have me do.

Though prayers would definitely not hurt :D

Though it comes sooner than we all wish, it's now time for all of us to return to the earth and re-enter the crazy mess that is mortality... I love you all, and I'm glad you guys read these really long emails! Fly away now little flock, but don't forget what it felt like to have wings, if only for a moment :)

Have a wonderful Christmas lead-up, guys! Tell me if there's anything you'd like to see in these weekly emails!
I wish for the best blessings on you all!!!
Elder Brooksby the III

P.S: Please come prepared next week to join the wise men in their ministrations by wearing a pot on your head and a towel around your shoulders.

P.P.S: For the record, angels don't actually have wings. If you have wings, please consult a doctor and also show me, because that'd be supa' rad.


​At teh Crush Festival with the Koszyks!


​Before photo of the rainstorm!


​After photo of last weeks rainstorm :D

No comments:

Post a Comment