Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Ah! Sixth! 9/19/16

It came so fast. Like a thief in the night.

The end of the first transfer.


This is my last week as the newest missionary in RC, folks! Soon a new batch of greenies will pour out of Ontario International Airport and I will officially be old! It feels weird.

Next weeks email will contain transfer doctrine, though it's a little early for me to be going anywhere just yet :) Of course, now that I've said that, I'm going to be transferred for sure. Oh yeah, does anyone actually care a whole lot who in my district/zone is being transferred? Tell me what information you actually want to know, because I have no idea! I'm new for goodness sake!

I take too many naps and must needs repent.

So Elder Croft and I discovered a while ago that our biking area is one of the largest in the mission. Go figure! We also traded a few streets of our area with our wardmates so that we would have a bit more work, because they currently have most of it :D We are being lazy down in Rancho Park B!

Because of that trade we have Bellevue Cemetery now! I'm hoping we can go down there and do some contacting >:D I kid, I would never bother someone who was mourning. Though the POS would really help them, I'm just saying... ;)

Oh my goodness, there are so many awesome people in this ward! I'm more excited to have them meet my family than I am to meet my family again myself! Because Ontario isn't very photogenic but I still want to provide photographs, I've decided to start taking photos with the members of the ward. Soon you'll be able to see the people I'm really starting to love like my own brothers and sisters!

Oh yeah! This week we were visited by a General Authority, Elder Dube (Pronounced Doo-bey) of the Seventy! He's from Zimbabwe and he's so fun and full of energy. He was running all up and down the church, teaching us about teaching :D Read the Book of Mormon first, no matter what you plan on studying that day!

During that meeting Elder Croft and I got designated by the mission presidents wife, Sister Taylor, as "The Happy Elders", because during a training we'd both put be happy as something we'd learned from each other without knowing what the other one had put. Then she picked us to do a role-play with Elder Dube! It went well though, and I got a complement on my teaching ability from a missionary I'd never met before. It was cool!

But really, you know when you're about to be picked to do something in front of everyone. You just KNOW.

Okay, so time for some real talk. You guys know how sometimes life can be super frustrating? And you know how frustration turns to anger, anger turns to hate, and hate turns to suffering? Well. Don't go to the dark side. Cut off frustrations at the source! Go to God in prayer and ask for help, first thing. He's dying to give it :) And the dark side may have cookies, but we have the Light of the World. And that's one light that will never blind you!

It's been real to share this time with you dudes and ladies! I really hope that all of you are having good weeks. 

Sierra, I'm your brother in heat as well as blood. And earthquakes apparently? Haley and Spencer, getting married is rad. Do it.
All the little children, Jesus loves you a ton! It's in the Bible, ask Mom to show you :D
Erin and Kadin, you two better not be having a good time while I'm gone. It's a law that that's not allowed, you know. Oh, and Erin, I wish you were here, because my companion wants to learn how to draw and I cannot teach him! :)
Tyson, Zoo, and Trey, I wish you still lived in a beach house. But! Being where I am, I find no fault in it :D I hope things are still going great!

Everyone else will get a shout-out eventually. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL.

Ever your emissary to the North Pole,
Elder Brooksby the III 


​Our plants! The mint is a drama queen. Also, that stick is very important. VERYYYYY IMPORTANT.


​Emma and Cooper! I'll let you guess who's who ;D


​Our new area pieces/parts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment