Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Sixteen In The Snow 11/28/16

Well, it's not snow because this is California, but it IS getting down into the upper 40's at night! Obviously, this is a cause of great alarm to anyone who's lived here all their life. They've gotten out the heavy winter coats and gloves! Can't be too careful when it's only 62 degrees outside!!!

I wish you all a wintry welcome! *Throws white confetti in the air* Look!!! It's snowing!

Now, before you all get mad because Thanksgiving was only a couple of days ago and I've already abandoned that holiday to the mists of time, let me explain. I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY like wintertime, especially Christmas :D But before I go crazy on that subject, I'll find it in my cold, frozen heart to give you an update on Thanksgiving :)

I ATE A LOT OF FOOD AND I HATE MYSELF FOR IT.

*End of update*

I kid, I kid :D I'll tell you more... We ate two dinners, and I ate way too much at the first one and barely anything at the second. I've discovered that I really can't handle eating large amounts of food, which is good because I always have extra money after I go shopping, but bad because last week was a holiday dedicated to EATING. But thank goodness! Because I lived, and now I have less than a month before ANOTHER holiday where you're expected to eat a lot. :'(

Hey, guess what!!! It RAINED!!! Figures the only time it's gonna rain in Cali is the one day that we're actually out in it :D We were going to visit a less active when it started POURING. And it wasn't pleasant warm rain, it was cold, soulless rain. But I loved it anyways! And we got rescued by a member of the Tongan ward. She pulled up and was like, "ELDERS!!! Get in!" And I couldn't see her very well so I took a chance that she was not a stranger and got into her van. It was fun! Pics to come next week cause I forgot my bag :D

OKAY. CHRISTMAS STUFF.

So do you guys know what a "Crush" is? I thought I did, but apparently it's actually another word for Nativity, and there's a whole festival in Upland dedicated to them! It's an LDS run thing, but all sorts of people donate Nativities to be displayed (Over 300!) and lots of churches and high schools send choirs to preform at the stake center on all three nights. In fact, the missionaries in the Upland and Ontario zones are going to be singing as well! It's a really great opportunity for missionary work, but I'm also just glad I get to sing :D

Oh yeah, and apparently it got out that I actually have a good voice, because I'm singing tenor in a 9-person- Well, I suppose it's not a quartet- something or other. Whatever you call it when 9 people all sing songs together. It should be fun, as long as I can figure out the tenor part in time!

Alright! I'll let you all go so you can drink some hot coco or dance a jig or something like that! But remember, this next month is Christ's time, so be sure to pay attention to how the Spirit directs you to help out this season! Oh, and are all of you guys aware of the #LightTheWorld thingamajig that the church is doing? Look it up if you haven't, it should be awesome!!!

Goodbye for realsies this time! I love you all like a reindeer loves a non-genetically-mutated nose! (And why would one make fun of someone else because of a bioluminescent nose, anyhow???)
Have a good jump into December! I'll email you guys next week, if I can reach over the puffy arms of the heavy winter coat I'll be wearing! (After all, it might get down to 58 next week!)
Love you!
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment