Elder Tanner Brooksby

Elder Tanner Brooksby
Rancho Cucamunga California Mission is getting one great missionary! Tanner has chosen to serve the Lord by giving 2 years of his life to dedicate his heart to testifying of the Savior. Thank You Elder Brooksby! We are so proud of you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Chapter Of Nines 10/10/16

The title sounds a little bit like a card game an LDS person PROBABLY wouldn't be supposed to play.

I really wish there were more ways to say hi, because I'm running out pretty quickly. Rationing will soon be necessary.

hi.

Have any of you guys heard of the missionary Thursday? Well I'll tell you. Tis the day of the week that has no previously planned activities whatsoever, leaving the whole day open to pure missionary work. And! It. Is. The. Hardest. Thing. To. Fill. Which is why I am very excited to announce that this past Thursday was totally filled with things to do! It was super crazy, but incredible :D

Oh yeah, I'm emailing on Monday because SOMEBODY couldn't have found the Americas on a Tuesday. That snarky Spanish guy that was guided by God in his three fancy ships. >:(

Alright, you guys wanna hear a story? Okay, everyone sit on the floor unless you are driving while reading this, in which case you have other issues, friend :)
Once upon a time, Elder Brooksby was on exchanges with a missionary that thought he was Elder Brooksby's mom. Hove you guys ever met someone like that? Really super nice and caring and won't let you feed yourself? One of those :D
Elder Brooksby was already going crazy because he was left to plan by himself. Word of advice: Don't do that. I will plan the most elaborate scheme you have ever read in your life. And then! A nice member offered us soda. Being the nice person I am, I took a can. Plus, I like soda :) 

Ladies and gentlemen. It was caffeinated.

I am EXTREMELY sensitive to caffeine :)

One ENORMOUS crash later, my really sweet, kind-of-companion was dragging me around because I was so tired I couldn't think straight. AND he didn't know the area! It was, for lack of a better word, a real party. However, through God's awesomeness, a lot of stuff ended up working out and things turned out okay in the end :)

California is a crazy place. People use agency to do things you rather wish they would rethink. Caffeine lurks in a cream soda. Drugs are offered to missionaries. Gold retains its value! And yet, through it all, we survive :) And people of Earth, I wouldn't have it any other way.

To close with the words of a dying missionary, my wardmate Elder Redhair, "The world is messy."

But it's a mess that makes us grow ;)

Happy wedding week, Haley and Spencer! Happy day of birth, Savannah! You are all fabulous people, and I want you to eat as much wedding cake as possible!

As for the rest of you, God loves you just as much as He loves newlyweds!
And. So. Do. I. :)
With mucha of the le amour,
Elder Brooksby the III

No comments:

Post a Comment